We are currently looking for a Team Leader Monitoring Operator to join an exciting and growing company who are leaders in the security sector.
Our client currently operates throughout the UK in each of the industry sectors such as Utility – Gas, Electricity and Water, Civil Engineering sites, Transport Networks, Defence, Construction.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and with a “can-do” attitude, good attention to detail, excellent work ethic, experience in the use of similar 24/7 operations, and the ability to communicate effectively, think and make decisions under pressure are a must.
Our client is a well-established company and is known for its services and products in the security and forensic market. They have recently acquired a new division with the whole purpose of continuous growth and expansion. Unlike other businesses, they are booming due to the nature of their services and products.
The Team Leader Monitoring Operator would be responsible for out of hours, remote monitoring of client premises, ensuring that any issues are communicated through the correct channels according to defined protocols. This may include speaking with other staff, clients, the clients’ staff, security services, and the police when necessary.
As a Team Leader Monitoring Operator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Acting as a communications centre, taking calls from clients and alarm monitoring companies.
- Responding to and coordinating the response to the client’s premises in the event of an alarm activation.
- Passing on relevant messages or information to the required department.
- Ensuring sites are armed out of hours and logging when staff are on site.
- Full and accurate record-keeping of all required areas.
- Staff the Monitoring Centre and operate all the functions to agreed levels.
- To log and advise the Operations Manager of any defective equipment or other issues which adversely affects the operation of the system
- You will also be required to carry out any other reasonable duties deemed necessary.
- Proficiency in the control of cameras and associated systems/equipment operated from the company’s Monitoring Centre
- Undertake staff training as required and receive guidance and instruction from the line manager when necessary.
- Shift work including evening, overnight and weekends.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- IT literate
- Good record-keeping skills
- Methodical & meticulous
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships
The successful Team Leader Monitoring Operator will be an office based role, and for joining and contributing to the business you will be compensated with a full-time permanent role 37.5 hours/week paid at £15.40/hr + Benefits.
If this position is of interest, then please apply by clicking below or by calling – Alex Gaibor
Vocacio is operating as an equal opportunities employment agency.