We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Manager for an exciting opportunity with an expanding business.
Our client is a dynamic manufacturing business with a strong customer base in one business sector but they are looking to employ an extremely hungry and driven Business Development professional to drive their products into new accounts.
The Supply Chain Manager role will lead initiatives to build a strong supply chain team who have the necessary skills and disciplines to support the growth and profitability ambitions of a successful Tier1 automotive business.
Leading with a creative, resourceful, confident and energetic personality with the capability to motivate others to achieve high levels of performance, delivery and customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with a high level of professionalism as well as a strong commercial eye for detail to join an exciting and well-backed business that are thriving in the current climate.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Create the end-to-end supply chain vision that delivers exceptional operational and financial performance.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that support business objectives.
- Source domestic and international suppliers for materials and products. Analyse and recommend suppliers based on cost, quality and delivery competitiveness.
- Work with internal stakeholders (operations, finance, sales/ marketing, engineering etc) to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Direct the routine use of world-class procurement policies, procedures and technology on supplier development, risk management, cost reduction, and material compliance.
- Stay current with laws/ regulations and ensure compliance with domestic and international trade requirements. Remain knowledgeable of customer compliance requirements to ensure suppliers are capable of passing quality and social responsibility audits.
- Analyse sales and forecast requirements to ensure stable material supply to meet customer demand.
- Continuously analyse existing purchasing processes, policies, and procedures for performance and propose improvements. Monitor ongoing compliance of existing policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for accuracy and maintenance of materials and pricing data set within ERP system.
- Responsible to direct inventory management functions such as slow-moving inventory, obsolete inventory, inventory turns, cycle counts and assist with periodic physical inventory process.
- Track supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecard rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed our defined expectations.
- Travel required (including international).
This is an exciting full time (Hours - 08:00 - 16:30 Mon - Thur + 08:00 - 13:00 Fri) opportunity where only the best calibre person will do. Our client wants a Supply Chain Manager to own the process end to end and someone who will approach this assignment with a huge amount of energy & tenacity. The package is open for negotiation dependant on experience, but they are thinking somewhere in the region of £45k- £60k + Fully expensed (inc fuel) Company Car (typically new 2 series BMW) + Holidays are 20 days per year + 8 statutory bank holidays + Pension.
We have a VIDEO of the client talking about this role and what they are looking for! If this position is of interest, then please apply by clicking below or by calling Alex Gaibor and If you would like to watch the video please get in touch!
Vocacio is operating as an equal opportunities employment agency.