We are looking for an individual with a background in Quality Supervisor for a thrilling opportunity in a well-established manufacturer.
The business is known for their hand made products and manual manufacturing processes. For providing a range of parts mainly for F1 motorsport to MotoGP, through to OEM prestige car manufacturers and industrial applications
This is a fundamental role for the company as you will be at the heart of manufacturing, as a Quality Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Leading the quality department and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement is set.
- Maintaining and developing the company’s Quality Management System to comply with ISO9001.
- Performing internal quality and process audits.
- Preparing for annual audits by BSI
- Customer Visits and handling of customer complaints:
- 8D reports
- Root Cause Analysis
- Corrective Actions
- Supplier Evaluation & Approved Supplier List
- Training members of the quality team:
- ISO 9001:2015
- Lean Principles – 5S, 7 Wastes, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, standardised work
- PPAP submissions
- Development of Quality Objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Management Review PDCA meetings & Daily Operations PDCA meetings
- Calibration program for measuring instruments
- First article inspections
- Communicating quality concerns across the shop floor and to relevant staff
- Overseeing routine testing of hose performance (leak test, burst test, peeling)
- Carrying out ad hoc project work
- Assisting with H&S system, PDCA meetings, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Permits to Work
We believe this position will be suitable for a Quality Leader, supervisor or team leader that wants to progress in their career, having worked from the shopfloor and eager to jump onto the next stage of their journey, someone who has commercial experience being hands-on and in a handmade manufacturing environment in a similar industry.
Additionally, you will:
- Engineering/Science or Quality qualifications & background desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar and demanding role operating to ISO 9001:2015 in Tier 1 or 2 Automotive environment as either Quality Manager or Quality leader.
- Experience of TS 16949/ IATF 16949 would be a bonus.
- Experience and qualification in H&S system management (IOSH, NEBOSH etc) would be a bonus.
- Good interpersonal and sociable skills –personable and confident for customer visits.
- IT Skills
- Good people person who can engage well with shop floor and staff alike.
- Highly organised and tidy.
- Willing & keen to travel to support other areas of the business.
- Self-motivating and driven.
- Looking for a long-term career in a very solid company with genuine opportunities for promotion.
The successful Quality Supervisor will be able to demonstrate a successful record in a similar role and our client is specifically looking for a relatively stable career history.
As a Quality Supervisor, you’ll be a valuable member of the team and thus the company offers a full-time permanent role (39 hrs/week) with a salary between £25k to £30k D.O.E. + Holidays: 20+ bank holidays (then 1 per year up to 25)