We are currently recruiting a Group IT Support professional to join a rapidly growing brand with a global presence based in Telford.
Our client is looking to take on an ambitious and passionate Group IT Support professional with experience in a successful growing business as they are experiencing exponential growth and are looking to 3X in size in the next couple of years.
In this pivotal and varied role, the Group IT Support professional will report to the Group IT Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Procurement, installation, configuration, maintenance, support and updates for all IT and telecommunications systems throughout the company, including all onsite, offsite and cloud-hosted server and network hardware, user equipment, printers, company websites, databases and security systems, maintaining disaster-recovery capabilities and ISO accreditation requirements.
- Support company’s information management system security, including domain security, firewall administration, any site-to-site network communications, remote user access and malware protection as required.
- Support the company’s email system. Setup, configure and maintain user mailboxes, distribution groups, security permissions, malware protection, transport rules, traffic management, archiving historic data. Setup, maintain and configure all client applications and devices for use with the email system, including desktop & mobile computers, smartphones and tablets.
- Configuration, maintenance and support of the company’s Active Directory infrastructure, managing security permissions and access to network resources and services.
- Configuration, maintenance and support of daily, weekly, monthly and annual backups of company’s files, websites and databases, including off-site and cloud-based disaster recovery services.
- Support the telecommunications systems throughout the company, landline/VoIP systems and all mobile communication systems.
- Support and test IT requirements for BCDR plan.
- Provide telecoms, hardware and application support to all users throughout the company.
- Supporting the Group IT Manager with ad-hoc projects
The role will suit a bright and ambitious Group IT Support professional who really understands the needs of a growing business and will be able to demonstrate:
- Problem Solving skills; Critical thinking & inference development skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a valid driving license.
The successful Group IT Support professional can expect a starting salary of £25-30k + Benefits (Private Health Care Plan, Life Insurance – Pays out 3x Annual Salary, Company Pension Contribution, etc).
If this position is of interest, then please apply by clicking below or by calling Alex Gaibor.
Vocacio Ltd is operating as an equal opportunities employment agency.