Potentially taking on 2 or 3.
We are currently recruiting for a Gluing Machine Operator to join our team. As Gluing Machine Operator you will be responsible for setting the gluing machine to glue and fold the printed cartons in accordance with customer’s requirements. The Gluing Machine Operator will be responsible for ensuring all quality and safety requirements are adhered too. They will also need to work closely with the Team Leader to assist supervising a small team of Gluing assistants to maximise efficiencies of the machine.
- Work with the Gluing Assistants to ensure product is correctly identified and carefully move work into feeding area, ensuring one job at a time is processed in the defined areas. Working with the
- Attentively feed machine ensuring the optimum operation of the equipment is maintained.
- Ensure the product is effectively packed into correct corrugated boxes, carry out quality checks and provide samples according to documented instructions ensuring the satisfactory quality of the product.
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times and that the machine area is cleaned down effectively after each job.
- Inspect product for defects and issues during the packing process and immediately communicate any product issues to the QID department
- Conform to the company’s Health and Safety Policy, bringing to your manager’s attention any areas of risk.
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure the finished product meets the customer and industry standards.
- Carry out general duties as directed by the department supervisor/manager and effectively work within your team, assisting your colleagues where needed.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience of running Gluing/Folding Machines (Experience running Bobst machines advantage)
- A fast learner, with good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques.
- Able to work shift patterns.
- An eye for detail.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- On-site car parking
- Sharesave scheme
Continental shifts or Double Days, attracting great shift premium
Minimum Salary Level
Maximum Salary Level
Private Health Plan
“A global market leader in plastic injection moulded components. We have a history of over 75 years, producing essential components across a huge range of industries and applications.”
- Leading Global Manufacturing Business
- High quality products that are reliable, durable and safe
- 50 sites in over 30 countries
- Every employee can play a part in innovating and improving processes
- Huge global investment in tooling and machinery
- Investment in people, plant and machinery
- Annual salary increases
- Empowering employees to make process improvements and innovations
- Gluing Machine Operative
- Setting and running gluing machines to maximise production output
- Quality control and product packing
- First line maintenance and upkeep of the machinery
What’s in it for me
- 3 Day Continental Shift Pattern / Double Days dependent on the business needs
- 20 days holiday a year and great shift allowance
- Long term security in an expanding company
- Ability to actively contribute to company improvement
For more information please contact Aj Akoh on (phone number removed)
Vocacio operates as an equal opportunity employer
Key words: Bobst, packaging, gluing machine, injection moulding, metal, production operative, plastic injection moulding, manufacturing, production, manufacturing technician, production technician, packaging technician, gluing machine, gluer, folder - gluer, binding, reprographic, book binding, packing, FMCG, manufacturing,